Women in Football
Women in Football is a network of professionals working in and around the (men’s and women’s) football industry who support and champion their peers by sharing professional expertise, challenging discrimination and celebrating women’s achievement. We equip women and the football industry with the knowledge, expertise and collective support that makes a quantifiable change. We work pragmatically in partnership with institutions, organisations and individuals to help drive real progress.
Women in Football is a small organisation punching above its weight. We have over 4,000 highly engaged members and we have huge ambitions to change the face of football forever. We are an exciting stage of development. Following the huge success of the #WhatIf campaign and the renewal and growth of our partnership with Barclays, we have the best opportunity to make a substantial leap forward as we continue our mission in the industry that we love. In 2020 we will be launching our new brand, new products and services and taking our commercial programme to the next level to enable us to do more.
Reporting to the CEO and working three days a week, this role is fundamental to our future growth.
- You will be passionate about our cause, and alert to the commercial possibilities open to it.
- You will take pride in generating awareness of our brand, and prioritise where and how we ‘show up’.
- You will push for every opportunity, but with focus and purpose.
- You will understand the football industry, and how transformative our mission is.
- You are strategic with a clear eye on how to deliver the strategy to the highest standards.
- Work with the CEO and board to identify sponsor opportunities and lead on the sales materials and pitches
- Oversee the partner relationship with brand sponsors and delivery of contractual rights
- Work with CEO and Communications Manager to create and oversee the content strategy across WIF channels
- Brief creative assets and projects into agencies (where budget or pro-bono support allows)
- Maintain brand guardianship and ensure co-marketing activity is aligned to our guidelines and values
- Maintain consistent, strong WIF brand across our industry, network and channels
- Create, plan, coordinate and execute integrated brand campaigns and identify opportunities to leverage partner relationships to benefit our goals
- Manage production and delivery of creative assets and content where required
- Build relationships and work cross functionally within the football industry
- Oversee the marketing budget and ensure compliance with annual budgets
- Campaign analysis and reporting
Required skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years of experience in marketing, brand management, brand partnerships, sales, communications, sponsorship
- Strong understanding and a track record of developing brand marketing campaigns
- Strong understanding of all channels in the marketing mix
- Experience working in a sales environment would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders and build strong working relationships
- Strong written, Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Self-motivated and calm under pressure
- Able to adapt to change and a desire to learn and progress
- High attention to detail
The Rallying Change-Maker:
- Collaborative and action orientated
- Knowledgeable and trusted
- Assured and restless
How to apply
Please send your full CV and covering letter explaining why you fit the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 13 August.
Interviews will be held w/c 23 August.
Share this article