Want to work as a performance analyst? This could be your chance! © Andreas Ilgmeier / Pixabay
Do you want to pursue a career in performance analysis? Well now could be your chance thanks to a great MSc Studentship opportunity offered by Leicester City in partnership with Cardiff Metropolitan University.
If you are a dynamic, self-motivated individual committed to a career in performance analysis within football they want to hear from you!
Alongside their studies on the MSc Professional Practice (Sport Performance Analysis) postgraduate course, the successful candidate will engage in an industrial placement spending time learning and interning as a Performance Analyst with Leicester City.
Leicester City will directly cover full costs of tuition fees for the programme and you’ll benefit from working amongst the Club’s staff.
Studentship placement overview
Time: It is anticipated that the successful candidate will be available for the equivalent of 4 days per week to gain the maximum benefit. The exact hours per week are to be discussed however they may include operating outside normal office hours, at weekends and bank holidays.
Location: The candidate will predominantly be based at Leicester City's training ground for the placement contact hours however travel to other sites within the UK and potentially internationally.
Duration: The studentship placement will start from summer 2020 and last for a maximum of one year.
Main learning opportunities, tasks and activities
- First-hand exposure to a range of high-level performance analysis support
- The opportunity to learn and work alongside the high-level analysts developing their practitioner skills, knowledge and experience to train them to be able to deliver to the best.
- Experience data and video analysis solutions through applied software, hardware and feedback processes.
- Design and deliver targeted support and projects to identified coaches and staff, under the supervision of the performance analysis team. It is anticipated that this support will dovetail with their academic studies.
- The opportunity to be involved in a range of personal development opportunities across the year including meetings, workshops and CPD forums.
The above is not regarded as exclusive or exhaustive.
Person Specification for the studentship placement
- A long-term commitment to a career in performance analysis, or equivalent within elite sport.
- An understanding of the role of performance analysis and sport science support either through academic qualifications or experience.
- A commitment to seizing opportunities and developing personal excellence with any situation they are presented with.
- Ability to think ahead generate new innovative ideas
- A proactive approach to problem solving and working under pressure.
- A team player who can drive their own work program.
- Skilled in developing effective relationships and trust with all around them
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Be committed, prompt and on time, and professional at all times.
- Able to thrive in a competitive and demanding working environment
- Receptive to feedback about own behaviour, strengths and areas for improvement
- Prior experience in the provision of performance analysis support
- Basic knowledge and experience of data and video analysis systems and their use and impact to improve performance.
How to apply for the studentship opportunity
The application process contains two independent requirements.
- Enrol independently on the MSc Professional Practice (Sport Performance Analysis) via Cardiff Metropolitan University website
- The successful applicant will be expected to be independently accepted on the MSc Professional Practice (Sport Performance Analysis) course for the 2020/2021 Academic year, following the standard process for enrolment on this course.
- The responsibility is on the applicant to ensure that they apply within the pre-determined timelines and achieve the entry level requirements for enrolment.
- Specific course details can be found here
- Apply directly to the placement provide to be considered for the studentship placement
- To apply formally please send a personal statement, CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 31 May 2020
- If you are shortlisted to the next stage, there will be a formal interview scheduled for June - details of this interview process will be communicated in the week beginning the 1 June
For informal information on either the MSc course or the studentship opportunity then please contact Lucy Holmes, Senior Lecturer & Programme Director of the MSc Professional Practice (Sport Performance Analysis) (email@example.com) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share this article