10 September 2019
Great opportunity to gain experience in journalism
Nike, NCTJ and PA Training are partnering to provide a free journalism course designed to teach you the skills required to become a full-time journalist and spearhead future conversations around women’s sport.
The eleven-week course is accredited by the NCTJ to deliver the level 3 Certificate in Foundation Journalism.
The course runs from October 2 - December 18 every Monday and Wednesday evening (6pm-9pm in Shoreditch) and Sundays (10am-4.30pm near London Bridge).
Students will gain first-hand experience which will help to kick-start your potential career in sports journalism.
You will learn key journalistic skills including:
You will also have the opportunity to:
Students will also gain exclusive industry insights from a cast of women that are pushing the female sport agenda through their own platforms, including:
• Anna Kessel, Women in Football co-founder and women’s sport editor for The Daily Telegraph
• Felicia Pennant, editor and founder of Season
• Ami Bennett, co-founder of Foundation FM
• Ro Jackson, editor of Slowe
• Charlie Brinkhurst-Cuff, head of editorial at gal-dem
• Grace and Amelia Mandeville, Youtube presenters
• Amy Drucquer, founder of This Fan Girl
• Simran Randhawa, model and journalist
• Shannon Mahanty, writer and editor; ELLE, Vogue, i-D and Vice
How to apply
Applications are now open until Monday, 16 September by clicking on the link here.
You must commit to joining the full course. Applications close on September 16 at 23.59 and places are limited.
Share this article