17 May 2018
The launch of Women in Football's #WhatIf campaign could not have been possible without the superb backing of Twitter, who kindly provided their Piccadilly HQ for the official launch, and also headline sponsor Betfair.
Some of the pledges that have been coming in already for this ground-breaking initiative have been incredible from women pundits on Sky Sports to coaching girls football teams... and plenty more.
WiF kicked off the campaign with a number of individual pledges from the likes of Jacqui Oatley MBE, Chelsea and England ace Claire Rafferty, award-winning coach Annie Zaidi and former England blind football team captain David Clarke.
Here are the first 10 corporates to come on board - and what fantastic pledges they have made too:
1. TOCA - #WhatIf @TOCAfootball provided elite football coaching to young aspiring players to support them to reach the next stage of their career
2. Sky Sports – #WhatIf Sky Sports committed to including female talent as studio pundits on Gillette Soccer Specials from the 2018/19 season onwards
3. Twitter - #WhatIf @Twitter created a unique emoji to celebrate #WomeninFootball
4. Betfair - #WhatIf Betfair ring-fenced 50 per cent of their Cash4Clubs grassroots grants for women’s teams to help support their growth and sustainability
5. Forza Football - #WhatIf @ForzaFootball made live score updates and results for women’s football games easily accessible across the world
6. Barclays- #WhatIf @barclays conducted a full scale research project to understand the position of women in the football industry.
7. SPORF - #WhatIf @SPORF amplified the reach of women’s football by fully integrating coverage of the women’s game on online communities
8. Spencer Stuart - #WhatIf @SpencerStuart ensured that at least 30% of candidates on all searches undertaken in football were women
9 FBA - #WhatIf the Football Business Academy offered women 50% scholarships to build the future female leaders of the industry.
10. Synergy - #WhatIf @this_is_synergy committed to creating 1 pro-bono campaign per year for the next 3 years to promote women’s football
GET INVOLVED AND MAKE A PLEDGE
If you would like to make a pledge, either individually or as an organisation, or would simply like more details on how to do this, please contact Leanne Dingle via firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this article