WeAreTheCity are seeking nominations for female Role Models/ Future Leaders working in Sport for their 2016 Rising Star Awards
Last year, WeAreTheCity (WATC) successfully highlighted the achievements of 50 female future leaders/role models through their Rising Star awards. The winners of the 2015 awards have gone on to achieve phenomenal success over the past 6 months, you can read about some of the previous winners achievements here.
Due to the success of last years awards, WATC are seeking to recognise the achievements of a further 100 role models/future female leaders in 2016. In order to promote these women and highlight their achievements, WATC need your nominations.
- To highlight the individuals achievements
- To raise the profile of the individual
- To show them they are appreciated
- To encourage them to keep doing what they are doing
Who will you nominate?
If you know an amazing woman who is operating below a senior/middle management level who deserves recognition, then please consider nominating her for WeAreTheCity’s Rising Star awards. You can nominate between 01 February and 18 March via the Rising Star website.
In order to prepare your nomination, we suggest you read the following guidance.
Our criteria for entry is:
- Nominees must be below senior/middle management
- Nominees must be working within the industry of the category they are nominated for
- Nominees must be working in the UK or Northern Ireland
Please note our awards are open to women of all ages.
Here is what the judges are looking for in a Rising Star:
- Someone who is a champion of women in their business or sector
- Someone who strives to achieve success and results
- Someone who gives back or inspires others
- Someone who is recognised by others as having the potential to become a future leader in their industry
Rising Star categories:
- Banking, sponsored by Societe Generale
- Charity, sponsored by Cancer Research UK, Women of Influence
- Consultancy, sponsored by EY
- Defence, sponsored by PA Consulting
- Diversity, sponsored by AON
- EA/PA, sponsored by EPAA (Executive and Personal Assistant Association)
- Education & Academia, sponsored by The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- Entrepreneurs, sponsored by Virgin Media Business
- Facilities Management, sponsored by ISS
- HR & Recruitment, sponsored by Twenty Recruitment
- Insurance, sponsored by Lloyd’s
- Investment Management, sponsored by BNY Mellon & Newton Investment Management
- Law, The Lynne Freeman Award, sponsored by Reed Smith
- Media & Journalism, sponsored by Bloomberg
- Oil & Gas, sponsored by PwC
- Property Services, sponsored by Kier
- Public Sector, sponsor Socitm
- Sales, sponsored by WorldPay
- Sport, sponsored by Pedalsure
- Technology, sponsored by Morgan Stanley
Our Rising Star nomination questions:
- Please provide specific examples of this individual's achievements in her day job (100 words or less).
- Please tell us why you believe this individual is a role model in her industry and should be named as a WeAreTheCity Top 50 Rising Star. (200 words or less).
- Please detail how this individual is helping others (eg mentoring/charity work/internal or external networks/school activities (100 words or less).
- Please provide three words that sum up this individual. (eg inspirational, motivational, infectious etc).
- Please detail any other awards this individual has received or notable educational achievements (If known) (100 words or less).
- If your nominee was named as a Rising Star 2016, how do you think she would leverage this award to encourage others? (100 words or less).
Our advice for those nominating:
- Ensure you have the relevant contact details for your nominee (email address/full name/job title/company etc).
- Prior to nominating, ensure you are aware of their achievements both in relation to their work and external activities.
- Ensure you include key details and try to quantify/qualify your statements with outcomes/how the individual went above and beyond/their impact or contribution to a wider project.
- Be clear and concise - you only have a limited amount of words to answer each question.
- Ensure that you have enough time to complete the nomination to the best of your ability. There is not an option to save the nomination as you populate the fields and WeAreTheCity is unable to process incomplete entries.
We are also calling for nominations for our Rising Star Champions. This category recognises the efforts of senior leaders who are actively supporting the female pipeline. This award, sponsored by Oliver Wyman, is open to both male and females who currently hold senior positions within their organisations and who have demonstrated their support for gender either internally or externally. Do you know a senior individual who is going above and beyond to champion women? If so, please consider nominating them for our Rising Star Champion awards via the Rising Star website on 01 February 2016.
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions or email the team at RisingStars@wearethecity.com.
To check the terms and conditions of the awards, please visit here.
For more information on the timeline for the awards, please visit here.
Please nominate from 01 Feb via risingstars.wearethecity.com
Share this article