Women in Football (we or our) (company number 8314707) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our website terms and conditions and any other documents referred to in this document as forming part of the contract between us) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of data protection laws, which are the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (together, the Applicable Law), the data controller is Women in Football, a company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales under number 8314707 whose registered office is Ground Floor, 45 Pall Mall, London SW1Y 5JG. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you in many ways, including:-
- registering to use and using our services; registering to attend and/or attending any of our events;
- filling in forms on our Website and/or at any of our events (including reporting incidents via our Website and/or at any of our events); uploading and storing information to our Website;
- applying or searching for a job via our Website; requesting and completing application packs;
- corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise;
- corresponding with and providing information to other users of our services;
- participation in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website;
- participating in competitions, promotions, questionnaires or surveys via our Website and providing information in relation thereto;
- reporting problems in connection with our Website;
- attendance at our events.
The information you give us may include your name, address, contact details, country of residence, nationality, personal interests, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information, employment history, job title, employer, the contents of your curriculum vitae, qualifications, referee details, personal description, photograph and details of the types of vacancies you may be interested in and any other information that may be considered ‘personal data’ or ‘special category data’ for the purposes of the GDPR.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) and other security address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login, password and other security information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products and services you viewed or searched for; services viewed and used; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
Information we receive from other sources
We work closely with third parties (including, for example, partners, sponsors, lobby or pressure groups, think tanks, industry bodies, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Legal bases for processing your personal data
In some cases, we will process your data as you have given consent for us to do so. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time and this can be done by giving notice to us.
In most cases, we will process your data for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by Women in Football. These legitimate interests include:
- processing for direct marketing purposes, including the publicising of events and campaigns; and
- processing for the purposes of reporting sexism within the football industry.
Certain types of data are categorised as special category data by the GDPR. This data, for example, may include your religious beliefs or your sexual orientation. Providing us with this data will always be optional, and we will ask for your explicit consent to process special category data for specified purposes. As with all data processed on the basis of consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and can do so by giving notice to us.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in ways set out below. We have grouped together certain uses under certain headings, to give you an idea of the most common usage of types of information collected. However, we can use information collected from any source in any of the ways set out below:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to keep you informed and up-to-date of our activities and services we offer; to invite you to participate in events, forums, discussions, surveys and the like;
- to analyse information provided to us; for statistical analysis purposes; for preparing reports and the like; for research and comparison;
- to provide you with information about services we offer that are similar to those that you have already received or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about services we feel may interest you. We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to those which we have provided previously to you.;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- for financial risk assessment, credit checks, money laundering checks, regulatory and fraud prevention; to comply with applicable law.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to notify you of and to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about jobs, goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to help us understand and develop our services.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive) in compliance with Applicable Law, including the GDPR.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information to:
- the directors of Women in Football;
- comply with Applicable Law including the GDPR.
We may share your anonymised information with selected third parties including:
- partners, sponsors, lobby or pressure groups, think tanks, industry bodies, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers, suppliers and sub-contractors (including persons we may engage to assist us in providing our services and/or to communicate with you) for the performance of our services or any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets (including our own business assets), in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
How and where we store your personal data
We can store data in relation to you in electronic or paper format.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a login, password or the like which enables you to access certain parts of the Website and/or use of the services, you are responsible for keeping this login, password and the like confidential. We ask you not to share a password, login or the like with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable steps and do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access but this cannot be guaranteed.
You have the right to:
- request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data;
- restrict us from of processing data concerning you;
- object to our processing data concerning you; and
- request portability of your data where relevant.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data. You can also exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Right to complain
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office using the details on their website (ico.org.uk) about the manner in which or otherwise in respect of the manner in which we process your personal data.
Women in Football